Wednesday 2 March 2016

Bunny Bags (part 1)!

Now that we are into March, the focus turns to Easter!

With just over 3 weeks to go, there's still plenty of time to get in some fun Easter crafting (especially if the weather continues like this)!

Rainy day

Over the next week or two I'll be running a mini-series of tutorials on 'Easter makes' (as you can imagine, most of them involve chocolate in some way or another!).

But before I get to that, let me show you my Bunny Bags currently featuring in the March issue of Pretty Patches Magazine.

Bunny Bags / Pretty Patches March'16

I love piecing more than applique, and so designed a patchwork bunny with hand embroidered details on the face.  I knew this bunny would become a bag, (perhaps for collecting eggs during an Easter egg hunt) but thought it was a little too big for a smaller child.  And so the mini bag was born!

Bunny Bags / Pretty Patches March'16
The 'heads' are both worked to the same dimensions, despite the mini bunny looking bigger!
They are called 'Big Sis, Little Sis Bunny Bags' and I used my trusty Essex Linen for the main bags.

Bunny Bags / Pretty Patches March'16

So if you need fun bags for collecting Easter eggs, or just love bunnies, then pick up a copy of Pretty Patches for the patterns for both bags.

Easter Bunny Bags in Pretty Patches (March)

Jude xo

7 comments:

  1. These are sweet. My children would have loved these when they were younger as we always did Easter egg hunts at nana's. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the hail stones yesterday? The bunny bags are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunny Beautiful bags, Judith! I love your simple, cute bunnie shapes, colours and fabrics. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sew adorable, I'm in love with a bunny bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo